Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 18th Birthday, Annoying Pepper!

Although I might not like you most of the time, always remember that I love you with all my heart.

To the PBB Loisa of Bernardo-Casimiro,

Welcome to the 'legal age', sistah! Time flies so fast, doesn't it? I remember how small you were when you were a baby. You're freaking cute! I couldn't even contain myself those times. I was pinching your chubby arms and legs. You might not even remember it but I also took care of you. Duh! I'm your elder sistah! It's my responsibility to watch over you, to protect you - well somehow.

'Legal age' - how do you define this? Anyway, I know you know what's right and what's wrong. You're old enough to see and experience the outside world, away from your comfort zone. We all know how tough and decisive you are. I don't want to say this but you're the most talented sibling among the five of us. I know you're still in the stage of finding yourself, looking for your path to success. However, keep in mind that being a talented individual is something to cherish on. Because it's an element that will easily lead you to the path that you want. After all, your talents are your likes, am I right?

You might not perceive this every time but you're so lucky. I might have said this many times, even in a joking manner, but it's definitely true. Other than the stuff you get, you're lucky that you can eat many times a day. You're lucky that you can sip hot green tea every night. You're lucky that you're in a happy household. You're lucky that you get to study in a prestigious university in the Philippines. You're luck that you gain a lot of love from people who deem you as a significant person in their lives.

First of all, frankly speaking, don't long for a guy because it's not worth it. Focus on yourself. Love yourself. Don't go overboard. Don't compare yourself to other gals out there. You're unique. You're beautifully made. Don't take your life for granted and waste it on thinking of someone who might not even think of you. It hurts, doesn't it? It's a mere possibility. Deal with it. Anyway, you want to be a film director, aim for it! Go for it! Someone better will go for you no matter what happens. After all, you're simply an 18-year old girl who should just focus on her studies, on achieving her dreams, on continuously aiming for success. Trust me, it's all more worth it.

Again, happy birthday, sistah! I might not like you most of the time. I admit that I get envious of you because of my insecurities and whatnot, you know? But always remember that I love you with all my heart, especially your armpit and pimply face. Haha!

Before the Pimply Face Period (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment